Master program CVT application platform
Welcome on our application platform for the Master program Commercial Vehicle Technology (CVT) of the TU Kaiserslautern.
The current coronavirus crisis affects all areas of life and therefore also your application for the master program CVT, but especially the taking of German language exams, which are currently not possible in some cases. You can find more info on our homepage!
Please also note: The application deadlines can unfortunately NOT be extended.
In case there are further changes, these will be published on our homepage!
Since 2019/01/28 only online application is valid!!
What can I apply for?
- On this web-based application platform, candidates from foreign countries can apply for admission to our Master‘s Course of Studies „Commercial Vehicle Technology“
- Candidates from Germany have to use the same platform.
- All candidates can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „Information for applicants“ page.
Deadline for the application to the Master program for candidates from foreign countries needing a visa is…
For candidates already holding a visa and for candidates from the EU, the application deadline is…
For candidates from Germany, the application deadline is…
Please note that for the verification of foreign qualifications and certificates, the University of Kaiserslautern has to charge an assessment fee of 60 Euros. For further information, please consult „Assessment fee“
Application step by step
- Prepare your necessary documents as PDF-Files in advance (see the list given below)
- Register on our web-based application platform, fill out the form and upload your documents at your personal login page.
You don´t have to complete the application process in one step, you can log in and modify your application data repeatedly. When you are done, please press „Submit Application“.
- We will start to evaluate your application after the application deadline, if payment of the assessment fee is received until one week after this deadline, and will contact you in case we have further questions.
- We will inform you about the result of the application about 6 weeks after the application deadline by e-mail.
Please don´t ask about the status of your application. You can find your application data and status on your personal login page.
You can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „Information for applicants“ page.
Can I apply before I finish my degree? Can I apply with incomplete documents and submit them after the deadline?
Only applications that are complete by the application deadline will be considered. No exceptions possible!
What do I need to submit if I want to apply for the Master program?
To complete the application, please prepare the following documents as PDF-files (unless specified otherwise).
At the time of application, it is sufficient to submit electronic documents, i.e. no hardcopies need to be sent.
For enrolment, original documents have to be provided, which will be checked against the electronic documents.
The following electronic documents (PDF) are mandatory:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Scaned copy of master degree, diploma (or equivalent) or bachelor degree (original language)
- Transcript of records (ToR)
- Scaned copies of certified translation (in German or English) of your degree certificate and transcript of records (only if your certificates are not in English or German)
- Description of subjects covered during your previous studies
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL 213 computer-based, 550 paper-based, 80 internet-based; IELTS 6,0 or equivalent). In the case of a previous completely English-speaking Bachelor study, we may not need a language certificate. However, this must be indicated in the application process and noted on the certificate.
- Proof of German Proficiency (Level A 2 (basic knowledge) at Goethe-Institut or ÖSD-Center, in the European Frame of Reference for Languages or equivalent)
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- One letter of recommendation from faculty staff
- APS- Certificate (for Applicants of the People’s Republic of China, Vietnam & Mongolia only)